We are so excited to have you with us this evening! Check out the happenings of the evening -
Schedule of Events
- 5:00 PM.................Valet services are available for patrons whom would like to pay to have their car parked.
- 5:30 PM..................Info Fair begins in Gallagher Bluedorn lobby. Several area organizations will have tables located in the lobby for information sharing
- 6:15 - 6:45 PM.......Curtain Talk begins in Jebe Hall, located adjacent to the lobby. The Tectonic Theater Project is offering this prologue to the show.
- 6:30 PM.................Doors open for seating in the Great Hall
- 7:00 PM.................Uncommon Sense begins in the Great Hall! (The show takes less than two hours. There is no intermission.)
- 9:00 PM.................Reception begins with refreshments in the Gallagher Bluedorn lobby. The company will share about their work on Uncommon Sense.
Things to know BEFORE the show:
- Entrances -
- There are two main entrances to the Gallagher Bluedorn; doors on the east and west sides.
- The east side is the most populated entrance as this is also where valet drop-off occurs. The west side experiences significantly less traffic.
- Both entrances will take you to the lobby, which is where patrons spend time before the performance.
- Tickets -
- If you have tickets in will call, please arrive early as we expect high volumes of people needing to claim their tickets.
- Ushers -
- Ushers (dressed in white shirts and black pants) will greet you in the lobby.
- They are available to help you navigate the Gallagher Bluedorn, scan your ticket(s), and find your seats. Should you have any questions, they can help address them.
- Questions -
- Questions may also be answered by referring to the "Patron Services" table in the lobby.
- This table is located just inside the east entrance and is marked with a sign. It includes a detailed schedule for the evening, information about quiet zones, and the location of restrooms.
- Quiet Zones -
- Quiet Zones have been designated on three floors of the Gallagher Bluedorn. These spaces offer a place to relax before and during the performances.
- For those patrons who might benefit from a break, the first floor quiet zone (right inside the west entrance) offer some 'break time' materials (puzzles, art box, books/magazines and small fidgits). Each of these areas will be well marked.
- Photo Opp -
- As this is a Premiere, we are offering to capture your moment on the red carpet in front of our step and repeat backdrop. These are free photos and will be uploaded to the Gallagher Bluedorn Facebook Page as well as right here on the Uncommon Sense Blog.
Things to know AFTER the show:
- Video Opp -
- Following the performance the Tectonic Theater Project would like to hear your reactions to the show. If you'd like to go on camera with a statement look for the videographer in the lobby.
- Reception & Talk Back -
- Join us for refreshments (water, lemonade, coffee and cookies) and a discussion with the directors and cast from the show.
We would like to thank our sponsors, the Iowa Arts Council, Art Works, the College of Social & Behavior Sciences, Veridian Credit Union, West Music, the Center for Multicultural Education, Talk To Me Technologies, and Ralph and Jane Schwartz Visiting Artists Series Endowed Program. Sponsors allow us to offer tickets to our shows at a lower price. Thank you, sponsors!
And from the bottom of our heart, we would also like to extend our thanks to many members of our community. Thank you for generously sharing your stories. Thank you for your unyielding support, for your encouragement, and for your presence. This project simply would not be the same without you.
It's going to be a great night. See you at the show!